For the last couple of years I have been making a little "to do someday list". Because my days are packed I have felt overwhelmed at the idea of starting an optional hobby or learning something new. With my birthday looming it feels like the perfect opportunity to evaluate my goals and put them to paper. Paxton is almost 3 years old and I can sense that my time is near. I will soon have a few minutes to myself everyday. This is a list of things that I hope to explore with that time.
1. Learn to read music
2. Learn to play piano
3. Learn to play guitar
4. Learn Spanish
5. Learn French
6. Learn to knit
7. Learn to read a pattern/improve my sewing
8. Learn to ski (my husband would love it if I weren't scared to death)
9. Learn to garden
10. Learn how to french braid. I know everyone says its easy, but for the life of me I can't do it!
11. Take a writing class.
12. Learn the ins and outs of the computer, it is so foriegn to me.
13. Become more knowledgeable of the scriptures.
14. Become more knowledgeable of our government. Local, state, federal...how are they
running these things??? What changes/or difference can we make?
15. Take swimming lessons. I can swim, but I'm not any good at it.
16. Take a photography class.
17. Learn how to cut hair, for real. Not just hoping it goes well;).
18. Serve a mission.
19. Learn about the economy on the larger scale. Understand how our retirement savings
are working. I honestly haven't a clue, I'm just trusting that Jason has a good grasp on that.
20. Run a distance race.
I'm sure that my list will change or evolve over time. I may end up hating the guitar, or find the world economy frustrating, boring, or hopeless. Does China really own us?? But, if I try these things and love them, what a gift that would be!