Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

My family had a nice low key Thanksgiving day. We went out to Jason's parents cabin and had a nice dinner with just our family and his parents. No other siblings could make it this year so it was really quiet around the house. The weather was beautiful, and Penny and Chya (their 170 lb Samoyed) had fun playing together. We left after dinner for our friends the Jensen's in Medford to stay the night there. It was great to see them, and the kids were so happy to visit. Phoebe had been talking about her sleepover with Addie for a couple of weeks!

As I sit and reflect on the blessings in my life many things come to mind. I am thankful for the privileged life that I live. I am thankful for the rights that are afforded me in this great nation. The freedom of religion, equal rights, safety, the ability to better myself with education, and information. I am grateful for those who have sacrificed so much to see that I enjoy this life. I am thankful for a God that knows and loves me. That knows and loves my husband and children. I am so grateful for the fullness of the gospel, the knowledge that I have and the faith that I am able to exercise. I am grateful for a husband who is an amazing partner, who loves me unconditionally. I am thankful for four amazing, beautiful children. I am thankful for wonderful friends who inspire and surprise me. I am thankful for our parents, and for the love and guidance they extend to us. I know that I am very blessed, and am thankful that my heart is full.

No comments: