Monday, December 15, 2008

Eight is Great!

Payton Glee was baptised on December 6th. We had a really wonderful couple of days. My parents came down with my sister Bonnie from Salem for the weekend. Payton's baptism was really nice. There were lots of friends and family there to support her. I gave a talk on baptisim, and Camille Duckworth gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of Payton. She is an amazing strong, and beautiful girl. She was so ready to be baptized. I am grateful for her decision to do this. She is an incredible example to her family. She is growing up so incredibly fast. It's really a pleasure to to parent her.

We all went out to dinner afterwards to Sizzler, which was really fun. We were able to spend some time together with all the extended family on my mom's side and have an early Christmas dinner celebration. My Grandparents, Aunt Becky, and the Garcia's joined us at our house. My Anut Becky is a hoot, she shared with us her recipe for rice-a-roni, and bar-b-que cornuts stuffing. She's too funny. All in all it was a really great weekend. What an incredible blessing to have two of my children baptized into the Lords church. It brings me such peace, comfort, and joy.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, our little Patey Cakes all grown up! I love that girl. Congrats to her!!!