Monday, December 15, 2008

Kid Tree -V/S- Mommy Tree

For Family Home Evening we decorated a kid tree. This is the first year I've done this. It was really fun to do together, and the kids get to have a tree upstairs for their playroom. My whole plan was so that I could finally have a "Mommy Tree". I put my tree together a few days later, and it looks just the way I wanted it to. It's really pretty, and fancy. Then this last Monday Payton came home from school with an ornament with her picture on it. It was so darn cute that I had to break my own rule of "what ornaments go where". I put it on my fancy pretty mommy tree. I don't know if I'm cut out for a fancy tree, I really miss all the kitchy, homemade, ornaments. It's funny how I finally got what I've been wanting for years, and now I'm not so sure I want it.

No comments: